Wednesday, March 25, 2020

My Origin Story

Hi! I’m Jingrui, some 18 year old Asian kid from Singapore. The reason I’m starting to write is because it was encouraged by some strangers on the internet, even though my father has been doing the same for years now. They said to begin with my origin story so here it goes.
I should begin by telling you that this blog is supposed to document my journey as an entrepreneur where I will be sharing my experiences as well as lessons which I have learnt along the way.
So my adventure began just last year when I went to work during the holidays. I got a contract for an office job which was the standard 9–5(8.30–5.30 in my case). Now, this was only a 3 month contract but it was the most boring, unfulfilling 3 months I had ever experienced. I hated it. Not because of the environment but because of the lack of accomplishment, the repetitive tasks which I had to perform everyday. I asked myself, ‘is this where I wanna be when I graduate?’, the answer was a clear, resounding 'NO!'.
And so, during these 3 months, I sourced the internet(after work of course, and sometimes during too XD), looking far and wide(I mostly just spent time watching ‘make money online’ Youtube videos) and I found a business model called ‘dropshipping’. Undoubtedly, I had no idea what this was but it intrigued me and I was hooked. I went deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole and devoured the free content available on the video-sharing website.


shopify logo

I eventually ended up launching my own Shopify store and making over $2,500(in sales, I did lose money overall, like a lot of money) through instagram and facebook ads. After that failure, I gave up for a while but I then decided to pick myself up and went to affiliate marketing where I promoted some products on Clickbank using Clickfunnels (I also learnt this from Youtube) and was referred to a course(One Funnel Away Challenge)by someone at Clickfunnels. Now I have something to keep me busy again and I hope it will take me to success.
I’m Jingrui and I hope that you have enjoyed my origin story. I will continue to write so please do join me on my journey to success. Also, feel free to comment and tell me what I can and should improve on! Ciao!
P.S. I've couldn't get the link for Millionaireby28, or 27, or 26, or 25, so I just went with 29

0 comments:

Post a Comment